Textile Product/Process Development Engineer
Textile R&D Prototype Engineering Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop prototype medical textile based structures and processes to demonstrate feasibility for meeting customer needs.
- Works independently under the direction of the textile R&D prototype engineering manager.
Interact with customers, medical device engineers to understand the unmet needs and offer solutions.
- Selects preliminary materials, manufacturing techniques in developing textile components and related value added processes
Interact with outside vendors, suppliers, and consultants.
- Provide technical support to sales, customers and operations
- Assists in the selection of new technologies, equipment, and processes.
- Assists in the development of new processes and capabilities.
Education and /or Experience
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Textile Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years developing textile solution for new products with focus on front end prototype/feasibility. Ideally covering braiding, knitting, weaving, and non-woven.
Hands on aptitude to dive in and develop prototype samples/processes to demonstrate feasibility. Must be capable of handling multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
Have passion and enthusiasm for innovation.
o Proven problem solving skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a regulated industry. Medical device preferred.
- Experience working with bio-absorbable polymer based implantable medical devices preferred.
- Experience in the cardiovascular and/or orthopedic implantable medical device industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Design/Process Excellence (Six Sigma black belt certified is a plus) preferred.