OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O’Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. As of January 1, 2019, OBG is proud to be part of Ramboll. Ramboll is a highly purpose-driven company with strong fundamentals and represents the same client- and people-centric focus that you have come to expect from OBG. Our combined resources bring our North American presence to 2,000 experts across more than 70 offices. Together, we offer our clients enhanced, multidisciplinary solutions from front-end consultancy to back-end engineering, project delivery, and design-build services
For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company’s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG – There’s a way.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer for our Integrated Equipment group in Liverpool, NY. This position is responsible for development of an entire engineered system, and independently outlines and coordinates tasks to generate new machine designs or improve existing designs with the support of other company disciplines. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the full integration of project engineering resources required for an integrated solution. The Mechanical Engineer also assists in the development and improvement of engineering processes and best practices and supports the business development group. The Mechanical Engineer will be a change agent in our continuous improvement efforts. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work on large or multiple projects of a complex nature simultaneously that may cross several disciplines
- Originate innovative solutions to meet the client’s specification requirements while organizing the work load to complete all activity within the required project schedule and budget.
- Follows the design deliverable standard processes for the development of PID’s, process control descriptions, mechanical engineered solution, and interacts with the controls system integration team to complete a total design.
- Ensure that all work task requirements and due dates are clearly defined to team and other disciplines as applicable.
- Conduct engineering analyses to ensure the system being designed will satisfy requirements.
- Participate in design meetings including gate reviews for finalizing and documenting the product concept, lead the equipment performance requirements specification, and communicate appropriately with multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Utilize the standard of care for all calculations, safety factors, equipment selection for overall equipment performance.
- Perform design, 3D modeling, and drawing / detailing of mechanical systems through fabrication, machining, and assembly drawings.
- Support the development of the equipment Operations & Maintenance manuals
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of engineering standards and processes.
- Communicate and document effectively with engineering, outside contacts, customers, and other departments.
- Mentors junior Mechanical Engineers in engineering principles, design processes and equipment selection and provides technical inspiration, leadership and consultation to the team.
- Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite.
- Adheres to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in the Factory Acceptance Testing and Quality verification process to assure a quality product.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 7+ years of machinery design and automation experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical and 5+ years machinery design and automation experience.
- Experience in applying mechanical engineering principles to design concepts.
- Training in Continuous Improvement processes is a plus
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- General knowledge of Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, and AutoCAD 2D software.
- General knowledge of engineering applications, i.e. PipeFlow, Computational Fluid Dynamic Software is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and Project Management experience is preferred
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O’Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.