Full Time Fire Alarm Designer
Seeking full time Fire Alarm designer with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience, creating Fire Alarm drawing submittals using AutoCAD.
The right candidate shall have the following experience:
- Knowledge of local regulations and codes with the aptitude to remain updated on the latest changes.
- Must have first hand experience with Fire Regulations and Codes for each local AHJ and various tiers of municipalities.
- Proficient in AutoCad
- Experience with Basic Construction Documentation i.e.: Contract drawings, Fire Protection Report, Specifications, RFI's, Project documentation, Email etiquette.
- Ability to identify and estimate Changes, produce scope summaries, Bill of material and procure pricing.
- Experience with New Construction and Retrofit scopes
- Ability to Communicate in person and in writing with AHJ, Contracting Tiers (3rd Party Design Firms, End User, General Contractor, Electrical, Mechanical trades, and Manufacturers)
- Product knowledge
- Familiar with Construction site and Safety
- Participate in Local Industry memberships
- Problem solving skills - Win win
- Growth mindset
- Works well Independently and as part of a team
- High level of Customer Service and Estimating/Sales experience a plus
Code Analyses to include but not limited to:
- NICET II Certification
- International Building Code (IBC)
- National Electrical Code (NEC or NFPA 70)
- Life Safety Code (NFPA 101)
- National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
Must meet all the following Requirements:
- Team Player - Able to work well with customers and team members
- Strong Drive and Work Ethic. Above Average Performance. Go above and Beyond
- Eager to Learn and Desire to Continually Improve. Able to constantly adapt to change
- No Ego, Humble, Able to listen to others
- Honest, Reliable and Punctual
- Be Engaged and care about the company
- We are looking for a permanent employee; please apply only if you are serious about staying with the Company long term.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fire Alarm: 3 years (Preferred)
- CAD Software: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off