For over 50 years, Mars has helped companies of all types bring products to market in a quick and cost-effective way. We have an in-house team of designers to develop and refine our customers' products, domestic and offshore manufacturing partners to get it produced, and an expert team of project managers and logistics coordinators to make sure it all goes smoothly and according to plan.
We are looking for an Embedded Software specializing in microprocessor-based systems to join the New Product Development team. This is sometimes referred to as bare-metal programming. The candidate must have experience with system that do not have an OS or use an RTOS. The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in design, preferably in consumer electronics industries.
Mars offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, 401K, health savings account, and more.
We are ROWE-certified workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- A CS, ECS or similar degree is acceptable.
- Advanced degree is a plus, but experience is the primary attribute.
- Design, code, and test firmware for microprocessor-based products.
- Support, debug and modify firmware for existing products.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Provide interdepartmental technical support, when needed, for Sales, Project Management, Purchasing, Test and Quality Assurance to satisfy customer needs.
Requirements: 5 or more years of experience with the following:
- Microprocessor based (bare-metal) software development experience.
- Circuit troubleshooting to component level and Failure mode analysis.
- Circuit simulation and component tolerance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with schematic capture software.
- Demonstrated experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with developing embedded firmware for microcontrollers.
- Experience with 32 bit ARM microcontrollers such as Atmel/Microchip PIC 33, STM32.
- Experience with 8 bit microcontrollers such as Microchip PIC, STM 8.
- Experience with IOT systems design and implementation, utilizing Wi-Fi, cellular or similar technology.
- Design and develop electronics breadboard prototypes a plus.
- Experience in supervising or mentoring other engineers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Employees are able to work remotely, when tasks allow for it. We have limited the number of staff on site at the same time and require that masks are warn for safety in all common areas of the facility.