Solar Power Systems Engineer
Be one of the first people in the door at a green tech startup right here in Miami! Grayscale builds the city of tomorrow. We seek a motivated early-career professional with a solid technical background in solar photovoltaic (PV) systems to join a small firm with a focus on green and resilient building. Based in Coconut Grove, we currently act as developers on a handful of sustainability projects around Miami (with LEED and WELL certifications). We are building a new solar photovoltaics business to pursue the large solar energy opportunity in South Florida, with an initial focus on underserved niches in the current market.
> Day to day management of one or more small R&D programs with weekly reporting to superiors;
> Research existing and nextgen PV technologies, and collaborate on system design;
> Research relevant building and zoning codes for our specific PV applications;
> Lead a small team through the certification and licensing process for a new line of business;
> Develop and install pilot programs and progress to larger projects.
- Direct experience installing and troubleshooting PV systems from 5 to 100 kilowatts
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in engineering, science, building sciences, or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years work experience beyond school
- (Florida Solar Contractor Certification is a plus, or eligibility for same)
Desired Personal Skills:
- A passion for ecology, sustainability, and design!
- Ability to thrive in a startup-style environment: creativity, independence, and maturity
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn new topics and skills
- Strong communication skills outside technical settings
- Personally organized, accurate, and detail-oriented
- Good sense of humor and poise under pressure
Commitment & Compensation Full-time. Starting salary 40k - 60k based on experience. EOE.
Applicants are asked to send a brief letter of interest and resume. Salary history and writing sample also helpful.
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineer: 1 year (Preferred)