We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to join the ENERCON team in Kennesaw, GA. This is a challenging opportunity to analyze, troubleshoot and solve various complex civil and/or structural engineering issues in the nuclear power industry. The individual selected for this position will remain focus on the economy, safety, reliability, quality, operability and maintainability of the engineering being provided
In this role, your Key Responsibilities include
- Design and analysis of changes to existing power plants as well as new plant systems.
- Develop Equipment mounting, foundation design and pipe support calculations and designs
- Understand Seismic Qualification of equipment
- Support of engineering design and analysis projects for the power industry.
- Perform work requiring the application of basic technical principles, theories, standards and concepts. This will include reading and understanding design drawings and technical specifications as necessary to support preparation of project deliverables, such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations.
- Perform reviews, assemble and prepare design modification packages
- Develop specifications of structural components
- Perform site walkdowns to identify design solutions and develop cost-effective problem resolutions
- Perform static equivalent and dynamic analysis of structures for seismic loads.
- Gaining familiarity with and application of industry codes and government regulations.
- Familiar with concrete and steel design codes and with working stress and ultimate strength design approaches
- Familiar with the International Building code and building code design
- This position requires the use of discipline specific computer analysis codes as well as standard office production software.
- Prior experience in the design of pipe supports, structures, etc., at nuclear power plants is desired
- Most projects are multi-disciplined and require extensive interface with other staff engineers as well as engineers working out of our offices.
Qualified candidate requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- PE License desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of structural calculations is desired
- Must be able to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Good writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
- Ability to be badged at a nuclear power plant.
- Ability to pass ENERCON and client specific background checks and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
- Experience with Nuclear power Plant Engineering
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement