ICI Services is looking for an experienced Air Search Radar Combat Systems Test Engineer to support NAVSEA PMS 317 and the construction of the LPD ship class at the US Navy Supervisor of Shipbuilding in Pascagoula, MS. ICI Services is a fast growing employee-owned Company with our headquarters office located in Virginia Beach, VA. We are a mid-size defense contractor and have a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
- Applicant must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance
- Provide installation, troubleshooting, repair and operational test and evaluation support for Air Search Radar Systems on LPD 17 Class vessels
- Review, update, and develop test procedures for shipboard testing events related to Combat Systems
- Support development and update of Suitability Plans, and develop test objectives, test scenarios, test plans, test reports and briefings.
- Establish and maintain productive liaison with Government Project teams, Production Teams and Shipbuilder.
- Monitor Installation of Combat Systems in New Construction shipyard environment.
- Identify performance issues with the Air Search Radar System; isolate issues to either hardware or software or particular interfaces during testing.
- Draft and submit software trouble reports that describe the performance issue compared to performance requirements.
- Participate as a test team member for all troubleshooting, training and scenarios
- Six or more years’ experience with both rotating and phased array radar systems.
- Combat system and weapon system experience with one or more of the following is required:
- AN/SPS-48G Radar System
- AN/SPY-6 Radar System
- SSDS IRIS systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with Navy and shipyard teams both orally and in written reports and briefings using Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor degree preferred but may be substituted with experience
- Specialized education or training in the field of combat systems - particularly within shipboard naval settings is required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
- Both rotating and phased array radar systems: 6 years (Required)
- Combat System and Weapon System experience with AN/SPC-48G Radar System, AN/SPY-6 Radar System, and/or SSDS IRIS Systems is required
Security Clearance Required: