We have the technology, but do we know how to use it? In an industry where “Cloud” is sometimes synonymous with “genie,” it’s important to have someone on your team who knows how to engineer Cloud-based and hybrid on-premise solutions. That’s why we need you, an engineer who knows how hardware and software components fit together and integrate with Cloud-based resources, to help us modernize mission critical systems across a variety of our top clients.
As a Cloud Engineer on our team, you’ll help to create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation. You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of various on-premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources. You’ll work with our engineering, architecture, and migration teams to inform strategy and architecture design. This is an opportunity to stay on top of the latest Cloud resources as you lead efforts to prototype using multiple techniques and new technologies. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like automation, scripting, and containerization while developing critical systems for several of our clients. Join our team as we transform the way government agencies manage data and information by taking advantage of Cloud technology.
This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., including the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in a systems engineering or systems administration role
- Knowledge of Linux and Linux system administration
- Knowledge of end-to-end modern Agile software development
- Top Secret clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Jenkins
- Experience with writing scripts and the glue to tie together services, functionalities, and tools using technologies, including Python scripting, Bash, Boto3, JSON, YML and XML templates
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible
- Ability to use automation tools and Infrastructure-as-Code to manage installations, pipelines, and scripting
- BS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical engineering field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.