TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is hiring an Electric Distribution Designer for our Augusta, ME area. We are open to candidates residing in surrounding areas . This position will be working within our Power Distribution Engineering team and a part of our growing Power Sector. This position is responsible for Performing complex detailed design of overhead and /or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates.
To perform detailed design work including the preparation of drawings, specifications, and estimates for review and approval by the responsible engineer. Shall provide limited direction to Designers and Technicians on assigned projects and may be required to act as design leader on projects of minor complexity.
Shall have a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in one or more of the following areas:
1. a) Electrical Engineering
2. b) Instrumentation and Control
3. c) Protective Relaying
4. d) Transmission Design
5. e) Substation Design
6. f) Civil Engineering
7. g) Mechanical Engineering
8. h) Distribution Engineering
9. i) Surveying
10. j) GIS and Mapping
11. k) CADD
Shall perform with a minimum of supervision, a variety of design related duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare manual or computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature with neatness and a minimum of errors.
- Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and Company standards covering the assigned work.
- Take a significant role in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluations, and requisitions.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering calculations.
- Coordinate equipment deliveries and design development to meet project schedules.
- Acquire on-site field data to accomplish the design or to monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
- May serve as a Project Coordinator on certain projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering /Technology from an accredited college or university required. Management may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable for appointment to this position.
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience with GIS systems preferably Smallworld or GWD and CADD systems (AutoCad)
- Experience working in field and office preferred
- 2+ years of utility distribution design experience with a utility or consulting engineering firm with demonstrated project capability preferred
- Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
- Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled