Cimarron is seeking Product Review Engineers to support a large aerospace and defense customer in North Charleston, SC. Although these positions are supporting a 1-year contract, these positions are full-time/benefited (i.e. PTO, 401(k), insurance) positions with Cimarron. The selected candidates must have the ability to work any shift assigned, including weekends as needed. Temporary travel may be required.
- Apply knowledge of design principles to assess and resolve product and/or process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Analyze, conduct root cause analysis, and develop dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Evaluate and analyze airplane production discrepancies of all types, such as functional tests, chemical and thermal processes, raw materials, parts, assemblies, and airplane installations, the resolution of parts, and/or design repairs/rework on components and assemblies incorrectly designed, incorrectly built, incorrectly installed, or damaged.
- Represent engineering on the Material Review Board (MRB) and respond to questions and concerns from manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Evaluate engineering and/or production data to determine corrective actions necessary for the elimination and prevention of chronic errors.
- Work across all functions to ensure corrective action is implemented.
- Review and/or approve design revisions to enable improvement in production processes by coordinating across all functions to ensure design engineering concurrence.
- Demonstrate innovative approaches in process improvement activities and work with multiple disciplines within engineering, manufacturing, and other organizations.
- Review and audit MRB activities for domestic and foreign suppliers.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Due to facility requirements, only U.S. Citizens or permanent residents are eligible for consideration at this time.
- Cimarron employees are required to follow federal, state, and local laws regarding COVID-19 practices, as well as customer requirements.
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift assignments, including weekends.
- Experience serving on a Materials Review Board (MRB).
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, and Aerospace and/or Aeronautical from an ABET-accredited course of study.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 or more years of experience, Master's degree and 5 or more years of experience, or Ph.D. and 1 or more years of experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65.00 - $105.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Materials Review Board (MRB): 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location