M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
A competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Military Reserve pay offset
Paid maternity leave
This position is responsible systems engineering at all design levels for Access Control System, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Video Surveillance Systems, including system monitoring, programming, reporting, troubleshooting, etc. Interface with management, customers, tenants, technicians, and alarm monitoring staff to answer inquiries, provide status reports, and resolve issues. A few of the main systems to provide systems engineering support for are as follows: Lenel, Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, American Magnetics (AMAG), Software House (CCURE), Bosch Video Management System (BVMS), and Milestone systems.
This involves the following:
- Design and Installation of existing systems, installation of new systems, and proactive initiatives
- Performing device programming and configuration changes requested by the client.
- Performing daily enterprise system checks and status checking of communication links.
- Documenting Service Requests in ticketing system and ensuring tickets are closed as issues are resolved.
- Assisting in calls relating to workstations, software, servers, communications, badging, alarm monitoring, etc.
- Telephone and service desk support of technicians, system operational staff, and customers
- Providing initial diagnostic troubleshooting and determining root cause of simple network and systems problems
- Performing backups of databases.
- Performing daily archiving of events, alarm acknowledgements, and user transactions.
- Reviewing the security system's database error log files to include check of integrity and size of database on all servers.
- Developing and completing preventive maintenance checklists.
- Provide support for customers, other system engineers and administrators, installation team, and the maintenance team
- Assist in scheduling tasks within an assigned project when needed
- Create technical documentation for customers and in-house staff
- Keep up-to-date documentation of applications, systems, and network equipment
- Produce support documentation
- Log calls and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory response with acceptable time frames for the user community
- Maintain and update customer site documentation
Direct Job Requirements:
- Manage assigned tickets and assist in managing ticket queue on a daily basis
- Receive or assign service tickets and service all assigned tickets
- Create new tickets for un-ticketed work requests
- Update ticket fields upon receipt
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, such as Engineering, Science, or Math, with 2 - 4 years of engineering experience.
- Reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally.
- Experience supporting DoD and/or Federal Government IT infrastructure, including IT infrastructure for Electronic Security Systems (ACS / IDS / CCTV / Biometrics) is strongly preferred.
- Experience / certification in relevant systems such as Lenel, Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare, AMAG, CCURE, Milestone, and/or BOSCH, and in accordance with DoD Manual 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 in Security+ and/or CASP and/or CISSP is a plus.
1) Working knowledge and/or certification with electronic security manufacturers such as Lenel, AMAG, Software House, FLIR, Hirsch, MDI, Bosch, Pelco, Genetec, HID, Axis, and Geutebruck. Candidate should be able to understand how these systems operate and where their limitations lie.
2) Working knowledge and/or certification with communications and network protocols and services including TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, network-based video distribution (Multicast L2/L3). Corresponding vendor certifications include Associate, Professional, or Expert level certifications from Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, etc. Experience deploying ESS or IOT devices on secure network environments is a plus.
3) Working knowledge and/or certification with operating systems commonly used for ACS, IDS, and CCTV systems. Corresponding vendor certifications include Associate and Professional certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, and Unix (multiple versions).
4) Familiarity with physical security designs, standard operating procedures, and security operations
5) Programming and scripting experience (PowerShell, Python, etc), experience with systems integration tools and protocols (APIs, SOAP and REST, XML/JSON), database design and query development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, stay alert and focused, and coordinate and manage electronic security equipment.
- Ability to use computer software applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases and email.
- Possess excellent organizational and file management skills and the ability to plan and execute administrative work with little supervision
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, colleagues and command members at all levels; and to foster positive business relationships.
All information in this job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature of work to be performed. It is not designed to be all inclusive or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and qualifications required of this position.
Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Identify and understand the speech of another person.