Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd., the global leader in deceased account management with operations in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Australia & New Zealand, seeks a SAS Programmer to add value to its global operations. This position develops and delivers essential business operations reports for the Operations business unit. Responsibilities include SAS/SQL database maintenance, development and delivery of daily operations reports using commercial reporting software. This position coordinates development sessions to thoroughly understand the reporting requirements and changes needed to support business requirements. This position will have responsibility for maintaining data, developing and maintaining ad-hoc and operations reports. The incumbent will develop, test, and maintain databases for Operational business units.
- Update / distribute daily operations report.
- Development of reporting tools to support business requirements.
- Communicate / present data to all levels of management.
- Create and maintain runbook documentation and analyzing logs.
- Track tasks and projects from inception through testing and deployment.
- Design and implement database structure changes.
- Update tables and stored procedures as new fields are added.
- Create data views to facilitate customer reporting needs.
- Monitor regularly scheduled jobs to ensure the database is being properly maintained.
- Ensure that datasets are appropriate for business needs.
- Evaluate performance against corporate plans.
- Validate that reports measure desired business metrics.
- General administration and maintenance of the server and the management of the existing databases.
- Analyze and identify current inefficiencies with the current databases with a view to providing a solution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
- Two to three (2-3) years data analysis, reporting, and/or documentation experience.
- Two to three (2-3) years’ experience SQL or SAS database experience.
- Consumer lending experience (1+ years).
- Microsoft Office proficiency (5+ years).
- Enterprise reporting software experience.
- Banking / lending experience.
- Operations reporting experience.
- SAS E-Guide experience.
*Key attributes; Commitment; Compliance; Compassionate; Innovation; SQL & SAS; Database Knowledge; Presentation; Communication; Organized; Attention to Detail; Problem Solving; Follow through; Tight Deadlines; Willingness; Collaboration; Programming; Database Management; FICO Debt Manager; Negotiation; Validation; Power of Attorney; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); Debt Settlement; Digitalization; Data Sets
About Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd.
PCA provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our jobs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- Data Analysis, Reporting: 3 years (Preferred)
- SQL or SAS database: 3 years (Preferred)
- Consumer Lending: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company's Facebook page:
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19