Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 850 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the "big picture." We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The "Stuff" it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it's due and demonstrate transparency. We "bring the weather" by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The candidate will assist our growing consulting practice with installation, administration, and development of a myriad of Splunk related activities for our customers. These activities include but are not limited to log parsing and alert monitoring, reporting, custom queries, dashboards, and security roles administration.
What You'll Do:
Qualifications & Interests:
- Architect, design, support, and maintain Splunk infrastructure
- Standardize Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Design core systems performance and troubleshooting logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, and experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of general work experience and one (1) year of relevant experience in functional responsibility.
- Splunk experience - minimum 2 years of experience architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool.
- Strong understanding of Splunk configuration files and architecture
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Intermediate level understanding of Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Splunk Architect or Splunk Administrator certification preferred
- Knowledge of a scripting language and UNIX command line
- Strong knowledge of application monitoring and event management
- Knowledge in the Common Information Model (CIM), Understand the relationship between the CIM and knowledge objects, ability to create a lookup file and create a lookup definition& field aliases and calculated fields
- Understanding of Splunk license management preferred
***To all recruitment agencies:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.