Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide. Some of our products include:
- GPS-based fleet management systems
- Collision avoidance safety systems
- Asset Health and predictive maintenance
- Autonomous trucks and specialized automation
As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for a full-time DevOps Systems Engineer to join our head office in Richmond BC.
Reporting to the Director, Software Engineering, the DevOps Systems Engineer will be responsible for delivering an end-to-end DevOps solution from initial concept through finished solution in the area of automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure. They will need the ability to quickly understand needs from a user perspective, and move from there to a working prototype that captures the essence of what the system should entail. The ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities:
- Deliver technical solutions for improving overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting
- Participate in managing cloud infrastructure and system administration and work with teams to identify and repair issues on an as-needed basis
- Provide direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
- Collaborate with developers and IT to ensure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Design, implement and test agreed-upon infrastructures
- Research new technologies that will improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyze, design and evaluate automation scripts and systems
- Architect and implement Wencos’s cloud-based source control, CI, builds and automated testing infrastructure
- Automate system monitoring processes
- Automate provisioning and scaling of services
- Responsible for troubleshooting problems, maintaining virtual environments, build processes
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience, Knowledge & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, as well as experience with working with local and remote engineering teams across multiple disciplines
- Software development background, more specifically in automated QA and DevOps space
- Experience with systems and IT operations, as well as automation/configuration management
- A good understanding of open source DevOps technologies and cloud services (experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps is required)
- Familiar with micro service architectures, multi-cloud, global or regional cloud deployment
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking (Azure preferred)
- Experience in creating a CI/CD (continuous integration/deployment) pipeline
- Hands-on experience using industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Jenkins, Cucumber, Git, scripting, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with programming and scripting, with a preference for Python, Perl, bash, php etc.
- Prior experience in C++, C#.Net, and/or C programming (asset)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) in deployment and operations
Skills and Abilities
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Highly self-motivated and self-directed
· Strong, demonstrated customer focus (internal and external)
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal skills.
WHY JOIN WENCO?
- We provide opportunities for career-growth within a fast scaling company
- We offer an extensive benefits plan, including a personal/health spending allowance
- We provide a fun working environment, including Fresh Fruit Mondays and Popcorn Fridays, monthly employee engagement activities, and on-site games such as Ping-Pong, Foosball, Big Jenga and Connect 4
- We offer opportunities for continuous training and professional development (in-house and external) to learn the latest technologies
- We offer our employees a profit-sharing plan that provides them with the benefits of their hard work
- We provide free parking and shuttle service for employees using transit
- We are heavily involved in the community and join various events of non-profit organizations
- We pride ourselves on our company culture (our last Employee Survey resulted in a score of 100% in inclusiveness and diversity)
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent