General Manager; Assistant General Manager.
Responsible for the preventative maintenance, day-to-day maintenance, and upkeep of the property, grounds, rooms, meeting rooms, common areas, sports court, pool, and all related equipment, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Perform, administer, and document preventive maintenance programs in InterMountain-approved web-based system.
- Respond to emergency situations on short notice.
- Position requires being on call 24/7.
- Maintain and manage a work order system for the hotel as well as complete work orders on a timely basis and file work orders in InterMountain-approved web-based system.
- Responsible for the safety and security of flammable and other maintenance items.
- Responsible for cleanliness of parking lot, grounds, picking up and maintaining interior and exterior property, including all trash and cigarette butts.
- Responsible for walking entire property regularly, identifying any maintenance or cleanliness items that might need to be addressed.
- Obtains pricing and bids, or develops cost estimates as directed.
- Maintains working spaces in a safe and clean condition.
- Paints and makes minor repairs.
- Monitors parking lot lights and exterior signs.
- Responsible for the upkeep of sports court, pool, and equipment.
- Sets-up meeting room facilities (tables, chairs, podiums, equipment, etc.)
- Works directly with the General Manager and/or AGM to identify and accomplish all technical and/or skilled related projects within the hotel including but not limited to the following:
- Perform HVAC spring and winter inspections.
- Assist in HVAC unit repair projects.
- Guest room repair issues (caulking, tile repair, painting, plumbing, etc.)
- With GM / AGM, implement and manage hotel key control.
- Repairs carpet and tile floor.
- Minor roof repairs, painting projects, and exterior projects.
- With GM, identify skills needed for different projects and train technical people at the property.
- Provide ongoing training for property maintenance personnel.
- Perform, administer and document preventative maintenance schedule. Maintain proper records utilizing the computer system.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take the initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Maintains and services pool and spa areas including testing and recording as stated by State and City regulations.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform maintenance requests.
- Setup and keep updated all maintenance-related documentation logs for QA Audit.
- Practice and comply with safety standards at all times. Know all hotel emergency procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Five years of technical maintenance training or experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and capital expenditures preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of building trades: Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Pool
- Operations, Plumbing and General Building Maintenance.
- Knowledge of facility regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with other associates, management, guests, vendors, suppliers, and other members of the general public conducting business with the property.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Know and understand guest needs and expectations.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Skill in the operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
- Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
- Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other property documents.
- Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
- Other licenses as required (plumbing, electrical, etc.)
- On-call status
- Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
- Have a valid U.S. Drivers License
- Have zero DWI/DUI incidents on driving record for the past three years.
- Have zero “major infractions” on driving record for the past three years.
- Computer, fax, & copy machine
- Steam cleaner; vacuum cleaner; shop vac; commercial floor buffer, polisher.
- Ozone Machine
- Power wash equipment
- Hand tools
- Pool equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
- The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and may require hearing protection while performing some duties.
- Other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, goggles, hard-hat, steel-toe footwear, and other safety equipment may be required.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview; reference and other background checks, and job-related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Complete our online Employment Application for the position listed here.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.90 /hour
- Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hotel Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Night Shift
- Monday to Friday