This position is responsible for the calculation, design, preparation of construction drawings, and construction administration necessary for the assessment and/or construction of medium and low voltage electrical distribution (12kV, 4.16kV, 480V & 208V), for renovation and new construction of buildings and facilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Senior Electrical Engineer for electrical engineering design projects for the following facility types: federal, state and local government; healthcare; and educational facilities.
- Prepare engineering studies, calculations, and design drawings. Perform site investigations to determine equipment conditions and configurations.
- Attend project meetings, manage project schedules and deliverables.
- Apply National Electrical Code requirements and knowledge to engineering designs to create innovative and cost effective solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE (Licensed Professional Engineer) preferred
- LEED Accredited Professional a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in AutoCAD software and MS Office
- Detailed electrical knowledge and experience with 3-phase medium voltage power systems, National Electrical Code requirements, construction document preparation, and electrical construction
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detailed skills, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Required Software and Hardware Skills:
- Experienced in Electrical System Design and preparation of Construction Documents
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Applications
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45.00 - $55.00 per hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19