Regional Senior Engineering Manager:
Wind River Environmental is currently searching for an experienced Senior Wastewater Engineering & Project Manager with over 10 years of industry and project management experience to join our Wastewater Treatment Business Line to manage our privately owned wastewater treatment facilities located in the MidAtlantic.
In this multifaceted hands-on leadership / management role, you will be managing four facilities in the Mid-Atlantic region, with additional facilities being added through our aggressive M&A activities.
This position will lead and have full financial, technical, operational and compliance responsibility for multiple facilities located in the Mid-Atlantic region. Each facility in the region has onsite full-time operators that run the facilities. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineering leader to join our company and take the lead managing the team of operator’s, engineers, and environmental professionals as we continue to grow.
The person in this position will utilize their proven management experience, engineering expertise, and technical knowledge of Wastewater treatment, design, construction, maintenance and operations to serve as the lead Technical Engineer, Business Manager, and Project Manager for all facilities located in the Mid Atlantic. This is a ‘hands-on’ role with an expectation of leading tasks and projects, managing staff, ensuring permit compliance, building strong trustworthy relationships with regulatory agencies, being responsive and professional when interacting with internal and external customers, developing annual budgets, managing facility P&L’s, and participating in business development activities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Supervises day to day operations of employees at facilities to ensure coverage of all shifts, optimal up-time, minimal wait time for disposal customers and that project schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plan.
Attain facility performance improvement through data-driven process improvements, equipment upgrades, productivity management, and continuous improvement strategies.
Plans, justifies, organizes, directs and controls all installation, engineering repair, upgrades and expansion activities for projects at the treatment facilities to avoid downtime and to assure profitable reliable operations and growth.
Develops relationship with key customers, to ensure retention of customers and acquisition of new customers to support companies’ growth goals.
Ensure Regulatory compliance with all permits and reporting requirements. Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
Develops project scope, budgets and delivery schedules for requested projects, and responsible for ensuring tasks/projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
Supervises facility engineering activities including; material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site supervision, job folder updates, develop SOP’s, O&M Manuals, and reports.
Manage facility P&L’s and maintains and improves budgeted Branch Profit through labor management, oversight of all financial aspects including operating costs and vendor management.
Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Owns the initiative on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Ensure the implementation of all company policies, procedures and tools at the facilities.
Instill professional customer service mindset where team members are inspired to provide excellence in service through responsive, communication and commitment to internal and external customers.
Develop team members to be customer focused, technically competent, effective and productive.
Initiatives to identify, promote and acquires additional 3rd party disposal customers. Works with other senior staff to manage clients in region. Participates in the development of proposals.
Creates and manages cost estimates and project schedules.
Performs detailed engineering calculations & analysis to solve complex issues.
Supervises and supports the work of others and mentors plant Operators and junior level engineer & environmental technical staff.
Maintain and champion Wind River Environmental EH&S and compliance standards.
Other duties as assigned.
Team development and supervision skills; including mentoring plant operators and junior level staff.
Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
Internal and external customer relationship skills; including preparation and development of proposals and client management experience with a successful record of accomplishment.
Ability to develop annual operating budgets and then execute financial management as required to achieve budgeted results.
Demonstrated ability to design, justify, and execute a variety of engineering projects.
Ability to travel as needed 30% to 60%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- 10 years of progressively responsible hands on experience in the engineering and project management in wastewater industry.
- Previous experience leading team of up to 10 employees.
- Strong understanding of P&L financial reports and demonstrated ability to implement financial management, cost controls and manage to budget.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills at all levels.
- Demonstrated excellent mechanical, electrical and process trouble shooting skills and the ability to quickly determine the root cause.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and duties in a fast pace environment.
- Experience in water / wastewater plant/facility design and construction administration/oversight projects.
- Experience reviewing and approving project drawings, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
- Process-oriented management approach with demonstrated experience in improving efficiency and quality of recurring tasks.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among team members.
- Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or an MBA.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Lean Six Sigma (6S) training or certification.
- 15 years’ of progressively responsible experience.
- Secondary certification (W/WW Operators License, PMP).
- Controls fault diagnosis experience and understanding (PLC, HMI, Instruments, analog signals.)