Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment inspired by entrepreneurship?
Direct Companies is the parent company of Direct Automation, Direct Technologies, and Direct Data Management. We strive to deliver results through technology within industrial and commercial environments. We are a team who values safety, customer focus, and integrity. If this excites you, please read on.
The Automation Engineer’s role is to execute, control, and deliver modifications to control systems. This position will be responsible for assisting in moving projects from start to finish, and work as a team player to help achieve team success. Consistently communicate with clients to ensure projects are being completed in a timely and accurate manner. Apply continuous improvement and lessons learned to improve future results. The automation engineer will spend much of their time working with DCS or PLC programs and supporting our clients with their process plant operations.
- Minimum of a bachelors OR technical degree and 2 years’ experience resulting in automation and process control systems knowledge (DCS, PLC, SCADA, Networking, etc.).
- Process experience, Emerson DeltaV, Rockwell, Siemens PCS7 experience.
- Experience with Industrial Communication Networks and control panel design.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Develop and execute process control system integration projects of small to medium size.
- Perform project deliverables under general supervision while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Program, configure, test, and commission PLC and HMI based control systems as assigned.
- Assist in the bid process.
- Verify client quality measures are being met.
- Utilize, support, and enhance Direct Automation’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by Direct
Companies and clients.
- Execute, control, and oversee all modifications to control systems.
- Prepare IO and instrument lists and datasheets.
- Prepare diagrams and control panel layouts.
- Commissioning on Network Communications, DCS and HMI.
- Review and recommend drawings, lists and specifications relative to instrumentation and process control.
- Provide technical support and resources for specific DCS and HMI equipment to other engineers.
- Field commissioning as required.
- Procure parts and subcontractors.
- Site start-up support of integrated control systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a project team environment.
- Project Management experience.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work effectively with decreasing amount of assistance from others as skills are acquired.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform; the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Additionally, Direct
Companies reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Direct Automation, Direct Technologies, Direct Data Management
Purpose: Delivering results through technology.
Core Values: Safety, Customer Focus, Integrity
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, 401K, PTO, FSA, Flexible scheduling, Collaborative environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Can you reliably commute to Sioux Falls, South Dakota or are you willing to relocate to Sioux Falls, South Dakota?
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Automation Controls: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location