Job Site Supervisor with Accounting Background for General Contractor
- Work 45 hours or more per week including weekends if needed.
- Be proficient in QuickBooks.
- Know Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word, etc..
- Be able to read a set of plans.
- Be able to bid a job.
- Working knowledge of drafting software.
- Evaluate construction means and methods to determine the cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Minimum 2-year job site supervision, property maintenance, or repair experience.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheetrock, and appliances.
- Real Estate license recommended but not required.
- Must be a team player, be able to work independently, and take direction from others.
- Answer phone at all times during working hours and after hours if needed.
- During the pre-construction phase, continuously evaluate the materials, oversee the preparation of estimates for the jobs.
- Initiate and coordinate the full design team efforts in the value engineering processes.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Direct and supervise team members in the office and onsite.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction means and methods.
- Solicit, negotiate, select, contract, and oversee subcontractors who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and stems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Inspect all properties for damage to walls, doors, blinds, lights, and plumbing fixtures
- Completes owners make ready checklists.
- Replace light bulbs and AC filters when needed.
- Complete assigned maintenance requests, work orders, & make ready in compliance with the owner of the property.
- Keep the grounds clean of trash.
- Pressure washing.
- Cleaning exterior buildings when needed.
- Must be able to shred vacant lots.
- Must be able to help excavate new lots for building homes.
- Must be able to drive a skid steer.
- Organizational Skills
- Follow Directions
- Communication Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management
- Quick Learner
- Good customer service skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- QuickBooks, Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Job site, property maintenance, or repair work: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location