- Signal processing
- Driver's License
- Program management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are the essential functions of the Test Engineer:
Test Program Management skills:
1. Facilitate excellent teamwork and communication with customer for test engineering programmatic interchanges
2. Implement in-depth knowledge of systems engineering process.
3. Manage programs using a diversity of leadership and technical talent to design, plan and execute test programs that effectively fuse data streams from high technology sensors and integrate a suite of signal processing tools to provide products that drive radar cross section (RCS) development.
Test Program Technical Skills:
1. Understand entry level electromagnetic propagation theory, concepts and characterization.
2. Understand entry level data analysis using signal processing concepts and methods with expertise in sampling theory and Fourier/Z-transforms to include statistical evaluation data.
3. Understand entry level RF antenna and radar theory and some knowledge of radar hardware.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Math, or an Engineering Discipline is required. Some knowledge in the area of physics, electromagnetics, radio frequency (RF) propagation, RF hardware, signal processing, statistics, and scientific computing is required. Knowledge of MATLAB, MathCAD, or Python scientific programming language is required.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Test Engineer (TE) position requires the design, planning and execution of Radar Cross Section (RCS) test programs as well as be responsible for generating the schedule and resources requirements for the test program. During testing, the TE has the responsibility of coordinating the test schedule, mitigating and test issues that may arise and act as the interface between the customer, the Air Force Program Office (AFPO) Test manager, and the RT&T in-house support. The TE must also act as the liaison for RT&T Engineering and the AFPO Test and Engineering Branch chief for future test program requirements and trends.
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties include general housekeeping of work area and cleanup of assigned work area. May be required to work with hazardous material and/or collect hazardous waste.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance at our client’s location, and their customer program access. Candidates currently possessing a clearance or held a clearance within the last 12 months preferred. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, and must be a United States Citizen. This position will require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules for extended periods of time. Must be willing to work overtime when required. Must be capable of working independently with minimal or no supervision. Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Supports E-OMS operational objectives. Observes company Quality, Safety, Environmental, Security and Administrative policies; supports Process Improvement.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Duties are normally performed in an office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be capable maintaining physical condition to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include a respirator. Must be capable of regularly climbing extension ladders, tower ladders, stepladders and stairs. Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop and squat repetitively. Requires the ability to regularly kneel. Requires the ability to repetitively stretch or reach horizontal or vertically. Must be capable of walking extensively.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.