Job Description: Employment Skills Facilitator/Job Developer
Hours of work: Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week,
Waypoints is a non-profit, charitable organization that helps children, youth and families improve their lives through a range of programs and services, including; providing training and supports to help youth improve employment readiness, find and keep work.
The Employment Skills Facilitator/Job Developer will deliver an employability skills program preparing youth with barriers to employment enter the labour market by identifying their individual strengths, specific barriers and demonstrating effective communication skills, life skills, and job search strategies, as well as providing job search, job maintenance support and follow up, all designed specifically to meet the individual needs of participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment of eligible participants for program
- Interview, assess and select participants ensuring criteria is met
- Development and refinement of appropriate curriculum relevant to group
- Co-Facilitate training sessions relating to life skills, employment skills, job search and job maintenance for selected participants
- Support and motivate participants in learning and in developing resiliency
- Negotiate wage subsidy or other financial agreements with employers for work experience wage subsidy component.
- Provide feedback throughout the program regarding attendance, participation and activities
- Tracking participant attendance and coordinating participant stipend payments.
- Locate suitable employers to match skill sets of participants
- Support and motivate participants throughout the program
- Maintain regular liaison with participants and business contacts
- Maintain regular liaison with other employment program staff, community program partners and employers in the business community
- Conducting evaluation reports with employers and participants
- Prepare interim and summary reports
- Conduct individualized goal setting with participants
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications | Requirements
- Post-Secondary education in related field and/or combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with youth ages 18-29 either individually and/or groups considered an asset.
- Experience in job development, job coaching, career exploration, essential skills, and employability skills or related facilitation skills
· Assessing client’s skills, employment barriers and job readiness for purposes of developing employment plans for securing employment.
- Knowledge of local community and employment resources
- Familiarity with the local labour market and business community
- Previous experience and demonstrated success in working with business community/employers preferably in the delivery of employment programs
- First Aid Certificate, valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle is a requirement of employment
- Candidates will be required to provide an acceptable Certificate of Conduct and agree to a Child Youth and Family Services Record Check.
- Employer relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Meeting the needs of others
- Sound judgment
- Conflict resolution skills
- Solid MS Office skills
Salary: $55000.00 per year .
Temporary Full time Position for one year with possibility of renewal.
Application Deadline: July 22, 2020
We thank all applicants however only those selected for interview will be contacted. To apply for this position please email resumes on Indeed
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
Employer adheres to all regulations set out by the Government of NL regarding Covid 19.