Electrical Controls Programmer I
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
About This Opportunity
Global Finishing Solutions is seeking an Electrical Controls Programmer I who is member of the electrical team and is responsible for creating simple/generic programs in support of the custom equipment and automation provided by GFS.
What You Will Do
- Create accurate control ladder diagrams, PLC and PC based control schemes
- Establish efficient power, wiring, and control standards in a short timeline. Clearly present all data analysis and recommendations. Monitor controls and equipment via remote connection
- Complete the design of simple/generic systems that integrate hardware and software
- Interpret equipment requests and develop design specifications
- Design controls systems including HMIs and touchscreen
- Maintain an understanding of industrial controls and their application in the finishing industry
- Assist with commissioning, preventive maintenance, emergency response, consulting, warranty, repair and technical direction on industrial electrical equipment
- Participate in multi-discipline product development and corrective action teams to address product cost, quality, and delivery concerns
What You Have to Offer
- Associate Degree with 3-7 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 0-3 years of experience
- Demonstrates good general knowledge of automation and controls concepts
- Demonstrates good general knowledge of good programming practices
What We Have to Offer
- We offer a competitive compensation package, generous incentive plan, 401k and profit sharing, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability.
- Development and career advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity to make your mark in a highly dynamic and growing work environment where you are empowered to make decisions and share in our company’s success.
Learn More About Us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.