Who We Are
Do you want to become part of DHI; the world’s largest applied research and engineering organization dedicated to solving the world’s challenges in water environments?
DHI Water & Environment, Inc. is the North American branch of the DHI Group based in Denmark (www.dhigroup.com). Globally DHI employs over 1200 engineers and scientists in over 30 offices worldwide. DHI is the world’s largest applied research and engineering organization solely focused on water in the marine, inland, urban and industrial environment. DHI, Inc. provides specialized modeling and engineering services and software across North America within all aspects of water environments, including but not necessarily limited to mine water management, water resources management, flood management, urban hydrology/hydraulics, water and waste water treatment, water quality, environment/ecology and coastal/marine engineering. DHI is the developer of the world-renowned MIKE series of advanced water modeling software. DHI software is used by numerous public agencies and consulting engineering companies in North America and worldwide.
By joining DHI you will not only become part of a dynamic and collaborative global team of experts; but you will also be empowered to innovate and grow in your specific area of expertise and will be encouraged to expand your horizons into other aspects of water environments.
DHI US was incorporated in 1997; today we have offices in Lakewood, CO and Portland, OR. As part of our growth plans we are now looking for a dedicated individual to join our water resource solutions team. Our water resource solutions cover a broad range of water related applications and services.
When it comes to ingenuity, we have no boundaries. With diverse projects across the globe, you can dare to do things differently, challenge the status quo and discover your true potential.
The Opportunity *
DHI is seeking a motivated and dedicated computer scientist with a keen interest in hydraulic and hydrologic modeling to assist in executing water resources projects. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proven skills and experience in software development, database management, debugging, bug fixing, providing input on system design, training, documentation and deployment, among others. Our clients face diverse challenges which are solved using a range of techniques from automating numerical models, acquiring and cleaning data streams, capturing user input in web and desktop interfaces, and providing timely information in an easy to digest format across a variety of user interfaces. As an integral part of the DHI team, the selected candidate will participate in a variety of project activities, including software and user interface development, testing and delivery, and maintenance of software solutions. DHI is highly respected in the delivery of real-time monitoring and forecast systems, data integration and exploration, and simulation modeling. Our project work is Americas based, but we engage in international projects as well, often in collaboration with other teams in the DHI worldwide group. The position is located in our Lakewood, CO office.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
Your attributes and accomplishments will include some combination of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited university.
- Experience commensurate with an entry to mid-level role is required in computer science, GIS or environmental science. Preference for 3 or more years of experience in developing and supporting software solutions.
- Required skills include:
- Writing software to consume third party APIs or software libraries for data access, management and processing.
- Development of data processing, I/O and ETL procedures related to environmental data.
- Development of user interfaces using web-based front-end technologies.
- Extensive, practical overall knowledge of programming in at least one of the following technologies and have some knowledge in the others:
- Web UI (HTML + JS + CSS) using modern development frameworks
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows development environments and tools
- Preferred database skills include database administration with PostgreSQL, MS SQL, SQLite, creating databases, tables, and writing SQL to insert data and run queries.
- Strong data analysis skills including the application of Python, Pandas etc. to analyzing large data sets a plus.
- Preferred GIS capabilities using both Open Source and proprietary solutions and related programming or scripting, along with knowledge of projections and mapping. Knowledge of ESRI (ArcGIS, Python) technologies and processing is preferred.
- Willingness / ability to travel up to 25% of the time to DHI offices and job sites in the North and South America.
- Motivation to grow and expand professionally and be willing to work independently or on a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client/stakeholder presentations and written report preparation.
- Desire to work on national and international projects.
- Desire to work together with a local and international team of experts.
- Professional certification in software development and/or project management preferred.
- United States citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid passport or ability to readily obtain one.
- English – Excellent spoken/written capabilities
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language capabilities a plus.
What’s in it for me?*
- A great opportunity to utilize, shape and expand your skills and expertise in a global team of experts that invests over 20% of revenues in research and development
- A flexible, informal and international atmosphere and with highly professional and motivated colleagues
- Global responsibilities, travelling and interaction with colleagues in more than 30 countries
- Global career development opportunities
- Attractive compensation package commensurate with your experience, competences and responsibilities
- Work in a positive, interactive, healthy work environment built on daily interaction and communication
DHI Water & Environment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) our company is required to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Therefore, you will be required to complete the I-9 form upon hire. Within three business days of beginning employment, you will need to supply acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) of your identity and work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
- development: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job