SHINE is immediately seeking an experienced Hydrogen/Tritium Engineer with a strong background and driven personality to design hydrogen/tritium purification, delivery and recovery systems.
This position will specifically focus on supporting the design and development of tritium handling, separation, and delivery systems ensuring the safe, efficient and effective operations of the nuclear systems required for the production and processing of medical isotopes and fissile solutions.
Ideal hydrogen/tritium engineer applicants should have a good understanding of tritium handling and hazards. Experience is highly desirable in the following areas:
- Tritium separation or purification system design, including process flow design, layout design, and tritium cleanup/recovery
- Component and material tritium compatibility, such as pumps/blowers, valves, and instrumentation
- Tritium safety/compatibility
- Tritium handling system operating procedure development and implementation
- Tritium monitoring
- Tritium measurement
- Bachelors’ degree in a related technical or engineering field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in operating or designing hydrogen/tritium systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of metal getters for storage and scavenging
- Training/experience in high vacuum technology
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Lab experience
- An NRC/DOE regulated background is a plus.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
Job Type: Full-time