CVS Health is embarking on a bold digital agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated and more reliable for more people, online and in our stores. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be.
The “Software Development Engineer in Test I” will play a vital role as a member of the Digital Quality Engineering team in continually executing its quality strategy and ensuring the development and release of the highest quality software product & enhancing the company’s customer facing Digital experiences by collaborating in a cross functional team, on quality initiatives and techniques that promote the best software engineering practices.
1. Working in an agile software development environment, prepare exhaustive test cases and ensure alignment with all agile team members with tests that each user story will have to pass
2. Execute manual test cases including exploratory tests, and design & execute automated tests. Record test results, and log issues in a test management tool. Validate fixes and review final deliverables to ensure they meet/exceed expected quality standards.
3. Assist in estimating scope and size of user stories. Continually review and update estimates for upcoming user stories based on the team’s experience from previous sprints
4. Collaborate closely with all agile team members, particularly with developers to ensure swift communication and rapid fixing of defects
5. Attend daily “stand-up” meetings and team level ceremonies, actively communicate and share obstacles and defects that must be prioritized for fixes by developers
1+ years of relevant professional work experience with concentration in quality assurance
1+ years experience in test case preparation and execution, including automation
1+ years experience working in an agile scrum team environment
Strong knowledge in quality assurance processes and techniques
Very strong troubleshooting abilities
Excellent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Experience or knowledge of software development methodologies, particularly agile fundamentals
Solid understanding of one or more modern industry standard software languages and frameworks for development and testing
Familiarity with one or more web scripting languages and frameworks
Experience in the implementation and execution of automation testing and coverage that ensures the delivery of a high quality user experience for web, mobile, iOS, Android platforms
Experience or knowledge of automation test frameworks and scripting
Good understanding of Test Driven Development and Behavioral Driven Development strategies and approaches
Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.