Delaware Nation Industries (DNI)/Indigenous Technologies is currently looking for a COBOL Developer to join our team located at Tinker AFB in OKC. This team oversees support of the CAMS-FM/G081 application including software development, security, and maintenance. This application provides maintenance, logistics, and aircraft status for the entire mobility fleet.
This position is Monday through Friday, 40-hour work week and DNI contributes 100% to employee benefits offering BCBS PPO, vision, dental, matching 401K, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Familiar with Cobol coding features and best practices for coding and developing structured code
- Familiar with JCL and PROC's
- Familiar with Embedded SQL accessing SQL Server databases
- Familiar with CBLTDLI calls accessing IMS databases
- Able to do upfront analysis of customer requirements. This includes accurate estimations of hours to complete tasks.
- Familiar with all phases of application testing
- Familiar with Team Foundation Server
- Familiar with Visual Studio
- Familiar with the Agile development process
- Creates and maintains database design for incorporating into the current environment for all databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Monitors migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes through the development life cycle.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- Ensure the application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles and practices are followed.
- Perform database backups and participate in disaster recovery exercises and planning.
- Review usage logs and determine the need for changes in storage media and/or access methods based on usage and performance trends.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Creative IT is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- COBOL: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19