Environmental Engineer – Rumford, Maine
ND Paper, a leading paper product manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, with $10 billion annual sales. We are an environmentally friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. Our fourth mill in Old Town, ME produces softwood kraft pulp. We are proud of our 1400 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.2 million short tons of pulp & paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing environmental compliance programs in all environmental media at an integrated kraft pulp and paper mill, including wastewater, stormwater solid waste, hazardous waste, air, chemical management, and community right to know programs.
The Environmental Engineer will work under the direction of the Manager, Environmental and Public Affairs, Scott Reed. This is a full-time salaried position. The hours of the position will be 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work
- Administer a wide range of environmental compliance programs across all areas of the facility by maintaining compliance data, policies/procedures, and recordkeeping for regulatory/permit requirements
- Coordinate permit modifications and renewals as needed
- Perform environmental compliance and regulatory reporting
- Serve as the primary contact with environmental regulatory personnel
- Serve as a technical resource to facility personnel
- Assist with chemical management, Safety Data Sheets, and reporting
- Assist with supervision of process/environmental laboratory testers
- Maintain training and certifications for aspects of environmental compliance
- Assist with tracking emerging regulatory issues and support the company’s involvement in the regulatory/legislative process
- Support OTM (Old Town Mill)
Attributes for Success:
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability – be fluid with ND Paper’s continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership – set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
- Environmental engineering, science or technical engineering degree
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact effectively with hourly, management, community, and regulatory personnel
- Must model the company’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical engineering field preferred
No unsolicited resumes - ND Paper does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume you submit to us will immediately become the property of ND Paper. If you would like to become a recruiter for ND Paper, please contact us and we will agree in writing to terms and the specific job roles for which you are authorized to recruit.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States for our Company?
- Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status, etc.) to work legally for our Company in the United States?
Work Location: One location