Liquid Handling Automation Specialist Job Description
At Assurance Scientific Laboratories (ASL) we are a passionate team of medical doctors and scientists who believe in using the best objective data available to help healthcare providers make accurate and timely diagnosis. Our mission is to provide healthcare providers with Assurance to treat their patients to the best of their availability. We specialize in molecular and toxicology assays and technology.
Note: All applicants are required to complete the Culture Index survey prior to being considered for this position. Please copy and paste the below link into your browser's address bar to view complete the application process.
Assurance Scientific Laboratories is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to be responsible for the implementation of automated workflows using liquid handling instruments.
Configure and program automated liquid handling instrument software as required.
Integrate data outputs into a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
Perform required maintenance to support automation.
Perform routine filling of products.
Assist other development and manufacturing operations in troubleshooting automation systems.
Assist in the validation of process and facility automation.
Track and manage changes in liquid handling methods.
Prepare SOP documentation.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Experience working with enzymes and nucleic acids.
- Experience operating and developing methods for automated liquid handling systems required; preferred systems include Tecan EVO, Agilent, and/or Eppendorf.
- Experience with Orchard/Harvest a plus.
- Demonstrated experience as a field service technician, automation engineer, or application scientist working in or with molecular biology laboratories.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise with liquid handling equipment and other general laboratory equipment.
- Good laboratory and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and efficiently is essential.
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance