Campus Stockton Department Center for Professional & Continuing Education Posting Number F00251 Full or Part Time Part Time Open Date Close Date Open Until Filled No Days Per Week Weeks Per Year
Benerd College at the University of the Pacific invites applications for a temporary casual, curriculum developer in the Department of Career and Continuing Education. Responsibilities include:
- Provide content expertise with learning outcomes that are structured to meet course hour requirements (varies by offering).
- Ensure curriculum content, including course materials, evaluations and assessments, are consistent with University policy and best practices.
- Use subject matter expertise to design relevant, robust, and effective curriculum according to assignment.
1. Ability to design curriculum according to relevant subject matter expertise.
2. Develop student learning outcomes and relevant assessments.
3. Design course materials.
- Master’s degree or earned doctorate with relevant background to course(s) being taught.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in subject matter for which curriculum will be developed.
- Previous experience developing curriculum and or teaching in relevant content area expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication.
- FERPA training.
- Annual sexual harassment prevention training.
- Criminal background check.
- Experience online teaching depending on course assignment.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May require extended periods of sitting and standing, bending and stooping, and occasional walking.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office, classroom, or online environment.
Reference Letter Information
Are Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting? No
Minimum Number of References
Maximum Number of References
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.