About the Position
Cobalt currently has an opening for an entry-level Software Developer for product development, client implementations, and sustainment of Cobalt's products. Our products are mobile and browser-based CRM applications that make substantial use of web services. These applications are built on top of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. This position will play a primary role on our cross-functional SCRUM team and candidates must be interested in working closely with a small team of technical individuals to produce excellent quality products and implementations while focusing on code reusability and flexibility.
Successful hires in this position are generally computer science graduates looking for training and experience as a professional software developer. They are self-motivated, interested in the process of developing complex software systems, and enjoy collaborating with other technically minded people. They also have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Cobalt hires talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position averaging 45 hours per week and is normally based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, where employees are expected to work onsite in our office in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Cobalt currently has a temporary telework policy in place for those who would prefer to work remotely at this time.
The upcoming start dates for this position are Monday, June 7, 2021, and Monday, July 12, 2021.
- 4-year degree from a respected institution, preferably in Computer Science
- Object-oriented programming knowledge
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Member of our cross-functional SCRUM team
- Working on a team of about 4-6 people composed of experienced Tech Leads & upper management
- Working on projects geared towards extending codes, CRM based products, and individualized client needs
Department Training & Benefits
- Individual training budget
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences)
Cobalt's Work Environment
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Working with other intelligent and motivated developers
- Weekly code reviews with Tech Leads
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learn sessions
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt offers all employees medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 401k plan with employer matching. We host multiple events for our employees each year including quarterly events and a holiday party.
The entry-level Software Developer position pays an annual base salary of $70,000 - $75,000, based on experience.
Cobalt is a growing software development company and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM) partner with a track record of providing quality custom software solutions to our clients. Cobalt focuses on building custom solutions on the Dynamics platform and specializes in guiding clients through the full software development project life cycle from project initiation, planning and kick-off, the implementation phase, and finally through the training and end-user adoption and support process. Additionally, we recently launched Migration Dynamics, aimed at helping other Microsoft partners and clients migrate to Microsoft's cloud offerings.