- Monitor the applicable production schedule to ensure timely shipments to customers.
- Ensure necessary raw materials and/or components are available for day’s production runs.
- Coordinate with shipping, materials, and sales for prompt reaction to late shipments.
- Maintain optimum “work in process” levels of stock items to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing excessive inventory.
- Ensure quality of finished product meets the specification established by engineering, quality assurance, ASME and/or CE specifications.
- Ensure productivity level requirements are met.
- Supervise, train and motivate subordinates to optimize their performance and growth.
- Assist shipping department to complete freight claims against carrier for shortages, damages and overages.
- Work with the materials/purchasing department on optimum inventory levels for accessories.
- Coordinate with production control/scheduling to expedite emergency customer issues.
- Ensure that company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all related functions.
- Report and assist in resolving any process and/or equipment problems. Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards and assure compliance with OSHA standards.
- BA or BS degree or 10-15 years’ experience in lieu of degree preferred preferably in a sheet metal environment.
- Four years supervision experience preferred.
- Reasonable computer skills including experience with Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate personnel by example.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to make decisions with reasonable information.
- Pro-active, hands-on supervision skills.
- Must be able to promote a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $82,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sheet metal: 5 years (Preferred)