SHAPE Technologies Group is a strategic ecosystem of companies including Flow International, KMT Waterjet, H20 Jet, AquaDyne, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Aquarese, TOPS Waterjet; Shape Mined Material; and Shape Process Automation. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation
Who are we looking for?
As SHAPE continues to develop into exciting new markets, we welcome like-minded professionals who share our excitement and optimism for the future. Operating across multiple disciplines, we have ample opportunity for you to grow your career in our organization.
SHAPE believes their success lies in the talented people that work in their organization! Our philosophy is of community and a place where people can belong, thrive and succeed! We pride ourselves on being cultural champions of our brand and values.
Sets up and operates CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, and specifications or sample parts to determine specifications and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders and shapers
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control medial as required
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
- Installs machine replacement parts
- Confers with engineers and production to resolve machining or assembly issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- CNC machining experience and/or certification or enrollment in CNC certification program
Education and/or Training:
- High school diploma or GED
- Prefer a minimum of two (2) years machine operations experience and/or enrollment and completion of apprentice program.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Ability to stand for 8+ hour shift
- Push, pull, bend and twist upper and lower body. Extensive use of hands to grasp and adjust machinery.
Shape Technology Group of Companies operate as an equal opportunity employer. Per regulations, any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities will be provided. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information that is collected will remain private and confidential. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- cnc machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture