Working in partnership with Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney, MDS AeroTest operates the GLACIER aircraft engine icing test facility in Thompson, Manitoba.
Reporting to the General Manager , the Chief Facilities Engineer at the GLACIER facility is responsible to maintain this one-of-a-kind, world-class test facility in a state of readiness for certification and development testing of state-of-the-art turbofan engines. Working within MDS AeroTest’s certified quality management and health, safety and environmental management systems, the successful candidate will lead a team of specialists to execute facility maintenance, calibration and engine test readiness programs. To support our continuous improvement objectives, you’ll develop and improve processes and procedures while providing training and direction aimed at the reduction of accidents and injury along with the promotion of health and safety at the facility.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing the planning and execution of a comprehensive engine testing facility maintenance program.
- Maintaining the accredited Environmental, Health and Safety Management System in compliance with applicable regulatory and third-party requirements.
- Supervising the Maintenance/Security and Instrumentation and Controls teams.
- Driving continuous improvement of health and safety, environmental and quality management processes.
- Managing a rigorous facility configuration control program.
- Coordinating calibration and auditing of a diverse range of measurement and control systems.
- Monitoring maintenance program objectives and key performance indicators.
- Acting as the main point of contact for contractors and ensuring all work performed at the facility is conforming to our quality and safety management systems.
- Performing background analysis and presenting proposals for facility improvements.
- Interpreting and applying safety legislation and developing safe work practices and procedures.
- Mentoring and training new personnel in the competencies associated with maintenance of the facility.
What’ll help you succeed?
- You’ve been responsible for engineering and maintenance at a test or industrial facility for five or more years.
- You have broad engineering experience including mechanical, instrumentation and controls systems.
- You are customer focused and are driven to meet challenging objectives.
- You have a demonstrated passion for working closely with others to perform maintenance activities.
- You have experience working within AS9100, ISO or other accredited management systems.
- You have a strong background in occupational health and safety and related regulations and best practices.
- You have experience planning and executing large projects.
Who are we looking for?
- You are currently registered or are eligible to register as a Professional Engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- You have knowledge of and experience working within Health, Safety and Environmental regulations of one of the Provinces or Territories of Canada.
- You’re capable of developing and enforcing safe working procedures and practices.
- You have a are certified in first aid certifications or are willing to become certified.
- You hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
- You have strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project).
- You can meet the company’s vision and hearing test requirements.
Why Join the MDS Team?
We believe in and encourage open and transparent communication across the organization so every year we invite our people to a bi-annual Town Hall Meeting.
We are passionate about our people, business, customers and community so we demonstrate the utmost care, respect and accountability for everything we do.
No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives. We believe in teamwork. We’re better, together.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including but not limited to:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Health Spending Account
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in the Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaerotest.ca or www.mdsaero.com for more information about the company.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.