Future Foam, Inc,. is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam products that has been family owned for over 55 years. Its primary focus is to provide excellent quality and service throughout the manufacturing process. With 27 facilities across the United States and internationally, we take pride in having a culture that fosters an open, trusting and collaborative work environment. Most importantly we put safety first.
We are in search of a Process Engineer for our Council Bluffs, IA facility. This is a hands-on manufacturing position that offers a challenging work environment where independence and creative thinking are the norm. This position will provide the opportunity to work on short term projects and targeted improvements that will ensure the long term technical health, integrity and performance of the plant.
· Learn departmental operations, lead crew in production activities, and help maintain/improve/troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
· Interact with both team members and internal customers on a daily basis
· Possesses an understanding of chemistry, physics and math to create foam formulations and binder recipes.
· Coordinates production schedule with traffic and customer service.
· Responsible for thorough knowledge of processes, controls, manufacturing techniques and engineering practices to ensure repeatable quality foam product that meets customer specifications.
· Supervises foam runs.
· Designs and implements engineering upgrades to equipment and processes.
· Attends to machine maintenance and preventive maintenance programs.
· Compiles reports and spreadsheets, maintains files and records, and posts data as needed.
· Participates in improvement projects and activities.
· Performs a variety of general clerical functions such as ordering supplies, typing and filing.
· Unloading chemicals via railcar, semi containers, drums and totes.
· Creates and modifies Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), checklists and safety documents.
· This position is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions including both hot and cold temperatures, as well as inclement weather conditions.
· Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or equivalent chemical industry experience is required.
· Strong problem solving, data analysis, multitasking, organizational, and communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently and with teams. Should be able to interact with all levels of management, vendors and clients.
· Technical Skills: Chemical laboratory work required.
· Proficient with MS Office suite.
· Preferred Experience: Exposure to polymer chemistry. Process optimization and controls coursework.
· Co-op or internship in a manufacturing environment a plus.
· Leadership experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time