VEi Global is an expanding, aggressive, detail orientedindustrial consulting engineering firm. VEi is involved in all aspects of newor existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients.VEi prides itself in providing clients with detailed construction projects doneefficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel.
Position requires management of Engineering and DesignStaff. Also manage the interaction withcustomer/clients to provide detailed engineering services in completing anupgrade or expansion to a client’s industrial process facility.
ProvideMechanical Engineering lead role for Sugar, Petroleum, Chemical, Power & FoodIndustry Projects. Work closely with project managers and other disciplineleads in developing project schedules, scope, budget, specifications anddrawing packages. Typically, will have direct contact with clients and assistin development of proposals and marketing.
The candidate must be able to develop specification and drawing packages forheavy industrial equipment procurement and installation. Candidate must workclosely with remote offices for development of project design concepts andlabor resource assignments.
- Must be familiar with the Sugar, Petroleum, Chemical, Power & Food Industry
- Manage projects from preliminary engineering through construction and start-up.
- Preliminary Engineering – Scope, budget, schedule, & financials
- Detailed Engineering – P&IDs, process modeling, hydraulic design, pipe stress analysis, materials of construction selection, equipment specifications, equipment and piping layouts, construction specifications, and equipment and construction procurement.
- Construction – Quality control, engineering assistance
- Start-up & Commissioning – Engineering assistance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering – Professional registration is an advantage.
- 10-15 years in process piping design in a consulting engineering environment preferred.
- Computer software experience: Latest version of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
Excellent benefits package including employer health,dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensuratewith experience along with incentive bonus. Professional registration is anadvantage.
Job Type: Full-time
- Process Piping Design: 10 years (Preferred)
- Sugar, Petroleum, Power and Food Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)