We are looking for a Design Engineer with 2+ years' experience to join our Midwest Highway/Roadway Team! ONLY CIVIL ENGINEERS NEED APPLY.
What You'll Be Doing: Our design engineers on our Highway/Roadway team apply engineering fundamentals for technical support of project design teams.
What We're Looking For: The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree (Civil Engineering) and a minimum of 2+ years experience in Highway/Roadway design. Individuals with a PE license and 5+ years experience are preferred.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Develop drawings by modifying or replicating prior projects
- Ability to create drawings from sketches
- Ability to ensure designs are in accordance with company and client production and design standards.
- Proficient in Microstation
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and eagerness to learn
- A team player and be able to work independently
Our Design Engineers also:
- Perform engineering calculations and create estimates
- Research and apply code provisions to design
- Create cost estimates for project alternatives
- Perform QA/QC by verifying design methodology, calculations, outcomes, etc.
- Interpret drawings from multiple disciplines for specific projects
- Research design options and document findings for project engineer/manager
- Submit concept designs and work through approval processes such as permits from municipalities
- Work with senior engineers to create project designs
All other duties as assigned. We won't ask you to do things way outside your scope, but we are one #TeamBergmann, so "Not my job" is not an option!
EEO/AA including Veterans and Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- MicroStation: 1 year (Required)
- Highway/Roadway Design: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19