FutureProof Your Career – Come Join SE2 as the Release Engineer I (BSA I)!
General Accountabilities: *
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to plan and coordinate the movement of functionality within SE2 Systems of Record.
- Organizing, directing and managing activities for the promotion of releases to development, test and production environments.
- Provide support in executing and managing test processes.
- Establishing, maintaining and updating the environments used to conduct testing of the final deliverables of a release.
- Facilitate the flow of information between other areas such as Information Technology, Finance, Product, Operations, etc.
- Coordinate work with outside administrative vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Facilitate the movement of requested functionality within the Release Management Process.
- 0-2 years’ experience in release management.
- Coordinate the scheduling and rollout of releases on a pre-determined timeline.
- Determine and communicate the readiness of each release based on the release exit criteria.
- Produce and distribute Release Management reports, update status and escalate issues.
- Validate completion of User Acceptance Testing, logging of all defects and requestors sign off for all service requests contained in the release.
- Build and maintain a release calendar of implementation phases and events with agreed implementation plans to accommodate realistic implementation schedules and avoid conflict.
- Manage releases within the end-to-end release policies and procedures in place at the time.
- Validates deployment of release according to the release plan.
- Monitor the production environment post-release for unexpected situations. Escalate if necessary.
- Facilitates post-release evaluation meetings to discuss issues and identify improvement opportunities after releases.
- Communicate, escalate and resolve issues during deployment or coordinate fix where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field OR 3+ years in a business related field.
- Excellent inter-personal skills (listening, written and verbal communication) to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Must have service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated and highly focused to deliver timely results.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous service improvement.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment as a team player and critical thinker.
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- PowerPoint and Visio skills a plus.
SE2, an Eldridge Industries business, is a leader in technology-driven third-party administration services for the U.S. life and annuity insurance industry. Come join a recognized leader in third-party administration and experience a global, fast paced, fun and rewarding work environment. We offer excellent career progression and competitive compensation and great benefits, including health/dental insurance, parental leave, profit sharing, 401(k), incentive/bonus opportunity and tuition reimbursement. Visit our website at www.SE2.com for more information. Apply by completing the online application on the careers section of our website. EOE.
Job Type: Full-time