Tour Boat Captain, Juneau AK
Come join us in beautiful Juneau, Alaska! This is an amazing seasonal Tour Boat Captain position that requires a USCG master's license (100 ton minimum) and an FCC marine radio operator's permit. Prior experience in the marine tourism industry and particularly on passenger vessels is desirable. Preference is given to applicants with knowledge of diesel mechanics, water jet propulsion, and electrical systems. Must be able to build team and maintain crew moral to provide a quality experience for our guests.
Tour Boat Captain Duties/Responsibilities
- Conduct tours as directed according to descriptions in sales literature and procedures in policy manual. Supervise all aspects of tour delivery and tour quality.
- Manage and direct crew members in the execution of all their job responsibilities; build a productive and efficient team; maintain high morale over course of season.
- Supervise and assist in daily maintenance: cleaning, sewage and fuel pumping, restocking. Coordinate and assist with routine maintenance; painting, changing oil, etc.
- Communicate with Port Engineer to identify problems and expedite repairs; assist with repairs, as needed.
- Supervise passenger boarding, safety orientation/demonstration, emergency response and crowd control.
- Plan and execute emergency drills, equipment checks and safety meetings in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations and AMT policy.
- Maintain all navigational equipment in good working order; keep logs and ship/company documents, as directed. Provide daily operations report to office.
Tour Boat Captain Qualifications/Experience
- Experience on passenger vessels and/or experience operating vessels in Southeast Alaska required. Required minimum 100-ton license.
- Mechanical aptitude, engine room experience preferred. Diesel mechanics or electrical/electronics background helpful.
- Must have ability to build effective team and skills required to resolve crew conflicts in order to provide quality experience for customers.
- Must have ability to speak on P.A. system, and to provide commentary.
- Must be able to lift and move objects of up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is Coast Guard required).
- Must be able to work varied shift hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, and most important, reliable.
- Uniform jackets and hats are provided.
Tour Boat Captain Pay:
DOE. Limited Benefits. This is a seasonal full time position from mid-April to October. Preference will be given to candidates who are available to work the entire season without interruption. An end of season bonus will be paid to employees who complete their contract in good standing.
How to Apply:
1. Apply through our website athttps://allenmarinetours.com/contact/jobs/juneau/
2. Apply through Indeed
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $24.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Alaska area: 1 year (Preferred)
- Passenger Vessel: 1 year (Preferred)
- USCG 100ton Master (Required)