What will I be doing?
As a Chief Engineer, you would be responsible for executing your position's responsibilities in alignment with our Spirit of Service culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Conduct a regular walk-through to visually assess the physical structure. The assessments are to resolve level of safety, efficient maintenance, and operation of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Schedule, coordinate and inspect all rooms-related Preventative Maintenance, rooms’ refurbishment, and public area projects.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs, conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy at the property.
- Continually supervise service and quality standards as measured by SALT, guest correspondence, or mystery shopper programs.
- Ensure that the condition and safety of the property meets QA Brand Standards and takes corrective action on any feedback given by the QA Auditor through the Brand Compliance Report and Improvement Planner.
- Handle personnel functions such as selection, orientation, training, performance evaluations, counseling, scheduling, pay and recognition, under the Engineering Department.
- Help develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports. Promotes team member empowerment.
- Ensure the accurate completion of team member work schedules and performance appraisals.
- Advise the General Manager and other department managers, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building, structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent, and efficient proposals for maintaining same.
- Clearly define, assign, and delegate responsibility, authority, realistic strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives for the operation of the various sub-departments under his/her supervision; conduct regularly-held meetings with each direct report follow-up on expectations, collect feedback, and communicate changes and new initiatives on the resort.
- Immediately available to collaborate with the property in the event of any emergency which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Chief Engineer. By example such emergencies may include, but not be limited to, fires, power or other equipment failures, floods, lighting, earthquake, hurricanes, or other disasters of similar nature and magnitude. Be familiarized, maintain, and ready to implement Emergency Response Plans.
- Maintain appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating and maintenance requirements.
- Maintain a well-defined, and organized system within the shop for the inventory, maintenance, and storage of all tools, products, materials, and equipment vital to execute the required activities of the department.
- Ensure accurate use, storage, and labeling of all hazardous chemicals used by engineering team members, in accordance with state and federal guidelines. Ensure facility meets all OSHA Safety Requirements, provides appropriate PPE for Team Members.
We offer an excellent benefit package to our full-time Team Members that include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) program and extraordinary travel benefits!
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering dedication to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company’s success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Technical Diploma required.
- 5 years of job related experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Director or Assistant Director/Chief Engineer in the same or similar environment.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of related experience.
- 4+ years of Managerial experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.