ASCI is looking for a candidate to fill the role of Material Coordinator (MC). This position is based on the North Slope on a 2x2 rotational schedule. This position serves as a single point of contact for all material related requirements within their respective operating function customer base. They will perform material planning and coordination activities inclusive of demand reservation and fulfillment, focused on accuracy and optimization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work in a safe manner and correct unsafe acts and conditions.
· Perform activities in accordance with departmental operating procedures.
· Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written.
· Log in material requests/FMRs/BOMs received from customer base and engineering /construction companies
· File and distribute copies of material requests/FMRs/BOMs to appropriate clients. Rely mostly on e-mails.
· Work directly with manufactures/suppliers in identifying budgetary pricing and lead times for priority material.
· Proactively meet with customers to ensure service levels are meeting their expectation.
· Coordinate and /or complete expediting requirements.
· Communicate with schedulers to ensure materials are available for scheduled work and/or provide notice when delivery of material will not meet schedule requirements.
· Assist with logistical issues to target on time delivery with minimum cost.
· Provide detailed material status reports to customer base as required.
· Maintain a proficient understanding of Client databases and procurement systems.
· Responsible for proper catalog item creation and modifications to existing catalog items, with emphasis on Catalog integrity.
· Ability to read and comprehend manufacturer’s parts manuals and P&ID’s.
· Assist ASCI purchasing assistants and buyers in the timely resolution of problems in the procurement process as identified by OSD&D’s, suppliers and customers.
· Participate in continuous improvement process/teams, offering suggestions for process improvements and potential cost savings opportunities for the Client.
· Have a working knowledge of where to find client material and specifications.
· Understand Client warehousing processes and locations, including special handling and storage requirements for chemicals and oversized items.
· Ability to judge when to purchase from client warehouse stock or purchase direct to avoid double handling of materials.
· Have a solid understanding of material specifications and Client documentation requirements.
· Work with project managers and engineers regarding FEL (front end loading), assisting in identification of long lead materials and soliciting budgetary quotes.
· Coordinate support activities with the execution contractors as needed.
· Coordinate delivery of materials from staging or warehouse inventory to fabrication contractors.
· Provide detailed reports of excess materials upon job completion to assist in proper disposition of the Client owned materials.
· Support inventory management by providing recommendations and ensuring Client review of opportunities to optimize the customer’s inventory investment.
· Demonstrated product knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Fire & Gas, Rotating Equipment.
· Assist purchasing / contracting in obtaining detailed work scope documents to be used in soliciting competitive bids for execution contracts.
· Assists in processing of Repair & Return material related to testing equipment, calibration equipment, overhaul parts, instrumentation and electrical equipment.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: These are the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position.
· A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible material coordination and/or buying experience that demonstrate ability to meet core competency requirements.
– Experience in working with customers or the public.
– Experience working with electronic transactions preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Engineering is required.
– Experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a 1:1 basis (one year of experience for every one year of education required for degree completion). If experience is substituted, a High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required.
– Experience must be in instrumentation, electrical, mechanical, rotating equipment, tubulars, engineered equipment or other technical material related experience.
– If additional experience is used to meet this requirement, a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· Valid Driver’s License required.
An MC I will usually be involved with supporting a small client base, or a larger client base with assistance from an experienced MC II or MC III.
An MC II is involved with a larger client base and/or works more independently with clients than an MC I, often with little or no assistance from an MC III. The MC II is often embedded with a client group and has some discretionary authority.
- Requires additional competency development (indicated by competencies with [*] from list below).
- Requires an additional 3 years of experience (for a total of 5 years).
An MC III is able to act independently, often making complex decisions without the need to interact with the client. The MC III has an advanced level of discretionary authority, and is relied upon for high-level guidance and expertise.
- Requires additional competency development (indicated by competencies with [*] from list below).
- Requires an additional 2 years of experience (for a total of 7 years).
Core Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These are in addition to the Core Competencies listed in the Employee Handbook that all employees are expected to demonstrate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer and/or supplier needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Understands that co-workers are internal customers and delivers excellent service. Be highly responsive, proactive and service-oriented to peers, vendors and customers.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values. Maintain the highest ethical standards throughout the company; know that we are built on trust, loyalty and professionalism.
File/Information Management - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Innovate and deliver new solutions using technology tools, performance management skills and other best practices. Add value!
Oral and Written Communication – The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, and participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information. Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action policies and respects diversity.
Problem Solving – The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers, analyzes and interprets both financial and general business information skillfully. The individual understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Advance the success of ASCI, always realizing that a successful employer is a stable employer. Put our best foot forward.
Quality Management – The individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security – The individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions or behaviors and uses equipment and materials properly. The individual models safe behaviors to others; leads by example. Works to instill a zero incident and zero accident culture based on the principle that our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take time to be safe, environmentally responsible, and to watch over one another.
Supply Chain Management – Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain Management from raw materials through item production, distribution, logistics and storage and handling.
Teamwork - Focuses on solving conflict, maintains confidentiality, keeps emotions under control, tries new things, balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests. Build strong teams by respecting and caring about fellow employees and stakeholders. See the best in others.
*Change Management (Level 3 Only) – Assists in implementation and communication of change effectively, builds commitment, helps manage resistance, prepares and supports those affected by change, monitors transition and reports results.
*Initiative (Level 2 and 3 Only) - Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, asks for and offers help when needed.
Material Coordination – This individual has a working knowledge of Maximo/SAP or other ERP equivalent. The individual has a complete understanding of Procurement Supply Chain Management end-to-end processes, physical supply chain and customer support models. Has a solid understanding of high-level category management processes and has demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams.
Management System (Standard) –Ensures that all unsafe acts, hazards or incidents are identified and reported immediately and stops all activities when an unsafe condition exists. Minimizes all risks to health, safety, and environment in daily activities by ensuring quality task risk assessments are produced. Completed all IMS and HSE training requirements annually. Inspects tools and equipment before use and ensures that adequate training has been obtained prior to use. Wears and utilizes all necessary PPE where appropriate. Maintains compliance with all corporate policies and procedures. Maintains compliance with customer requirements and expectations.
*Planning/Organizing (Level 2 and 3 Only) – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans, plans for additional resources, sets goals and objectives, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks, develops realistic action plans, has ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, has ability to work long hours and weekends to meet a deadline, can work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and projects.
o Level 2: Is able to effectively break project up into tasks and execute to completion.
o Level 3: Should be effective in independently collaborating, planning, and organizing with other employees, carrying plans to completion.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Software & Reporting - The individual is highly experienced in advanced features of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access with working knowledge of the other software tools within the Microsoft Office Suite and has a demonstrated knowledge of computerized database applications.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
Work is performed in an office setting with ability to speak and receive phone communications often. Work requires computer usage with strength, dexterity, coordination and visual acuity to use keyboard and video display terminal and other office equipment. Moderate travel may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequent sitting for prolonged periods of time, using hands/fingers requiring dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper, reaching with hands and arms for items above and below desk level, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus); walking from place to place within the office with occasional use of stairs and no elevator available; bending, pushing, pulling, and standing for up to 2 hours; occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds such as small office equipment, files, stacks of paper, reference and other materials.
[Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
Pre-employment Drug Testing Information: ASCI requires pre-employment drug testing utilizing urinalysis collection. A positive drug test makes you ineligible for employment with ASCI.
ASCI is moving towards becoming a nicotine-free company, please note that there is a significant difference in health insurance rates for nicotine free versus non-nicotine free.
Job Type: Full-time
- material coordination and/or buying: 2 years (Required)
- working with electronic transactions: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with customers or the public: 1 year (Required)
- North Slope, AK (Required)
- drivers license (Required)