· Perform structural analysis work on aircraft modification programs addressing metallic or composite designs. Analysis may include primary or secondary airframe structures to substantiate that positive margins are in place for aspects including static strength, fatigue, and aero-elastic behavior.
· Develop internal loads information and free body diagrams for structural assemblies. Perform strength and stability checks of structural details using industry standard finite element methods and classical hand calculations.
· Create specialized finite element models of structural details as needed to support stress analysis work.
· Support drawing release by documenting static and fatigue stress analyses for new designs and design changes.
· Compile margin of safety summaries and document analysis results in formal report format for approval from FAA under Part 23 or Part 25 regulations.
· Review and approve supplier drawings, stress reports, and test reports.
· Coordinate with the design groups, manufacturing, loads, test and others as required.
· Ability to mentor junior engineers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Structural Analysis: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: One location