PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. We are focused on delivering sustainable long-term growth while leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment – what we call Winning with Purpose. PepsiCo R&D is catalyst – transforming the company and its portfolio to help drive growth and deliver today's brand and market priorities, as well as sustainable growth opportunities for tomorrow. As an academy R&D organization, our experts provide unrivalled technical skills, solutions and innovation through leadership.
The R&D Engineer will support global packaging teams with technical expertise and develop innovative packaging and packaging machinery solutions. Candidate to work closely with Region Packaging Teams, Operations, Engineering, Purchasing and Finance to create new business opportunities or develop packaging solutions for established products that grow PepsiCo snacks business.
- Design, develop and deploy breakthrough packaging machinery capabilities to drive PepsiCo strategic agendas
- Explore, identify and validate novel opportunities compatible with PepsiCo assets and infrastructure
- Aggressively invent and capture intellectual property (patent!) with defensible positioning
- Actively manage multiple projects in the development of new packaging technologies and machinery to deliver PepsiCo advantaged solutions to market
- Create and execute project timelines including managing packaging resources and budgets
- Execute commercialization activities: from lab based trials to full scale production
- Packaging lead to cross-functional project teams, coordinate with Engineering/Operations/Marketing partners through various project stages
- Document work through trial protocols and written reports
- Periodically update Senior Management with project progress
- Build strong relationships with internal and external cross functional partners
- Provide technical support for field issue resolution
- Create and maintain specifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, Packaging Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years food/beverage packaging innovation and equipment development experience.
- Must have experience with primary, secondary and tertiary packaging materials and have
- Knowledge of the interrelationship with packaging equipment.
- Must have strong conceptual, analytical and technical skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Requirements include a proven track record of packaging development and commercialization, strong project management skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and consumer driven environment.
- Domestic and international travel up to 40% of time is possible
Not Eligible for Relocation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement