REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer and Port Engineer
WORK HOURS: Regularly scheduled for 12 hour shifts, may be required to work additional hours due to occasional urgent vessel needs. Shipyard duties to be fulfilled as required or assigned.
LICENSE: U.S. Coast Guard License is not required but is considered a plus.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The position is responsible for all electrical systems onboard including but not limited to; power generation systems, power distribution systems, engine room systems, fish processing systems, hotel systems, bridge systems and deck systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical issues with equipment, gives recommendation for resolution
- Repairs or replaces wiring equipment or fixtures, using hand and power tools.
- Examines electrical system of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures using testing devices like ohmmeters, voltmeters or oscilloscopes to confirm compatibility and safety of system.
- Demonstrates competency working with and troubleshooting PLC systems
- Works directly with Chief Engineer to ensure that all electrical systems are operational and safe for all personnel.
- Inspects electrical systems, equipment or parts to spot hazards, defects or the necessity for adjustment or repair and to confirm compliance with applicable codes.
- Diagnoses faulty systems, apparatus or parts using equipment and hand tools to find the reason for a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Places conduit within selected partitions, walls or alternative areas and pull insulated wires or cables through to finish circuits between boxes.
- Demonstrates competence in managing Lock Out/Tags Plus and energy isolation procedures
- Works with the Chief Engineer in order to keep the electrical systems in compliance with all regulatory and classification regulations. This includes U.S.C.G., DNV, FCC, OSHA.
- Performs routine and annual maintenance of all electrical systems based on manufacture recommendations.
- Directs and trains other engineering staff to put in, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable sections of the Safety Management System. Is knowledgeable and conversant on applicable policies and procedures contained in the SMS
- Maintains electrical parts list and inventory, orders supplies through Chief Engineer.
- Maintains workshop, work areas and supplies in orderly fashion in compliance with regulatory standards.
HAZWOPR-3 day, annual 1 day
OSHA LOT+ Coordinator
Arc Flash Training
Cold Water Survival
Food Safety System Training
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required