JOB DESCRIPTION: Audio Visual Estimator
REPORTS TO: Estimating Manager
LOCATION: ME, NH, MA and RI
The Audio-Visual Estimator is responsible for being the subject matter expert working with both the Account Executive and the Operations team to ensure the design and installation of the system is executed as expected and agreed upon with the customer ensuring a high level of customer service and profitability. This position can be performed remotely after a probational period.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Partnering with the Account Executive meet with client(s) either in person or by video to perform needs analysis and develop Scope of Design.
- Create comprehensive Scope of Work including BOM and labor required to implement design.
- Work with Vendors and Account Executive to obtain the best pricing for products included in system design.
- In addition to Design/Build have experience with Bid spec. work. Schools a plus.
- Work with Operations team to create and update project installation documents using Visio, Excel, and/or CAD as needed.
- Participate in Kick off and Onsite project implementation meetings either in person or over video.
- Travel as necessary. This may include overnight travel out of state via planes/trains/automobile.
- Have ability to work independently and be task oriented.
- Work with PM or Field Engineer to create change orders when project work outside of scope is required.
- Act as SME for onsite team as required.
- Participate in customer construction status calls/meetings as required.
- Assist with end user training on newly installed systems if needed.
- Strengthen customer relationships by being responsible, accurate, helpful, and trustworthy.
- Proactively look for opportunities to provide more value-add services to customers.
- Assist with maintaining customer profiles and standards documents to ensure accuracy.
- Provide remote technical support for out-of-market technicians in the field as needed.
- Assist with ensuring customer profile documents are maintained and updated.
- Stay up to date on AV technologies and installation practices.
- Work with the rest of the AV team to evaluate new products and services.
- Perform other assigned duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)with a minimum 5-year minimum industry experience in audio-visual system sales, management, service, or installation; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid audio-visual system industry experience including sales, service, project management and/or installation of control systems, audio systems, codec-based video conferencing systems as well as software codec systems. (Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.).
- Ability to edit and create various manufacturer control systems (Extron, Crestron, Biamp, etc.)
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Above average written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and focused attention to detail.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Revised July 2020
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
Employee Date Supervisor Date
Related keywords: estimator, construction, construction estimator
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- AV Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)