Do you want more out of life? Do you enjoy outdoor activities such as golf, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, kayaking, boating, water skiing, downhill and cross country skiing? Come join Central Wisconsin’s premier engineering consulting firm.
Pearl Engineering has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Piping Engineer. Must have a BS from a top-tier engineering school and a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience. A P.E. license is required. The successful candidate will have experience designing hydro-thermal systems, sizing the piping for these systems, specifying boilers, valves, and pumps. Additionally, experience designing industrial dust collection systems is a bonus.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment solving complex problems and enjoy the variety and independence that comes with a consulting career. Experience working in the pulp & paper, food processing, building products or chemical processing industries is a plus.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to complex industrial manufacturing process and equipment problems involving piping, thermal systems, boilers, pumps, and valves.
- Provide engineering support in industrial operations and maintenance areas to troubleshoot, identify and resolve technical problems.
- Design process and piping systems.
- Specification of process equipment and components.
- Prepare Construction Bid Document Packages.
- Prepare project scope of work and estimating documents.
- Prepare proposal documents
- Collaborate with multi-discipline project team members
- Work with clients, contractors, and suppliers.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of process systems, piping design, and equipment
- Experience with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 codes
- Experience with ASME Vessel Codes for API, Non-pressurized tank design
- Experience with Bentley AutoPIPE, Star-CCM+, and Pipeflow software
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit Computer Design Software
- Familiarity with the Root Cause Analysis troubleshooting process
- Project management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, and communication skills
- Fundamental economic skills
- Strong computer skills
Located in Central Wisconsin Pearl Engineering provides Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, and Structural Engineering, Project and Construction Management; Productivity and LEED® Consultation; and Safety Consultation to create innovative solutions to complex problems for our industrial, commercial, and agricultural clients. Come grow with us!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45.00 to $55.00 /hour
- piping and thermal systems design: 10 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- fluent English (Required)