Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a global leader in the building materials industry. We've been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
If you love a good challenge, you'll fit right in.
We are looking for an Improvement Engineer to join our Carlisle Operation Systems Team for our Carlisle, PA location.
The Improvement Engineer will apply engineering and Lean Six Sigma knowledge and concepts to identify, scope, and manage projects and activities that will improve process control and overall plant efficiency. The position requires the ability to build strong working relationships and communicate effectively with plant personnel and management to effectively identify and execute the activities. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are also required.
- Apply engineering knowledge to the manufacturing processes to identify improvement opportunities.
- Perform root cause analysis to reduce process variability
- Utilize statistical analysis and software tools to evaluate manufacturing data
- Prepare written justifications for approved capital expenditures (ACEs)
- Play a key role in advancing CCM's lean journey across the organization
- Facilitate events and meetings focused on manufacturing improvements and cost reduction
- Track and report project savings
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- Lean Champion Certification and Six Sigma Green/Black Belt is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in a Lean Six Sigma enterprise or equivalent educational experience
When you join CCM, you'll become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think we've got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to agree.
Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off -- Hard work should be rewarded. You'll receive paid vacation and a generous amount of paid holidays.
Healthcare -- We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund -- Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We'll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training -- We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement -- Ready to get the degree? We'll pick up 90% of your tuition cost.
Idea Teams -- You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation.
Unlimited Coffee -- Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled