Your primary focus in this broad and multifaceted role is the completion of a wide variety of construction projects, ensuring projects conform to the standards and commitment of the firm to its clients, while also assisting with business development. This position reports to the Guardian executive team and is responsible for multiple, simultaneous projects. read more
- 5-10 years of Forensic Investigation Experience.
- Provide construction-related analysis to our clients on a variety of diverse engineering projects.
- Perform field inspections of residential, commercial, and industrial projects for contract conformity, code compliance and/or assessment of cause and origin and damages.
- Review all pertinent construction documentation per clients’ requests and provide honest, unbiased analysis and consultation on alleged damages and deficiencies.
- Schedule on-site inspections with property owners and develop written reports of observations and findings.
- Work closely with marketing to develop technical presentations, white papers and case studies for continuing education and promotional efforts.
- Provide written estimates on structures to determine value of damages and responsible parties.
- Travel is frequently required in the course of field investigations and while performing project completion duties.
- Provide timelines and project updates to clients on a consistent and timely basis.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Applicant must be a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Texas.
- Multiple licensure in surrounding states preferred but not required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering field – civil or structural.
- Forensic experience highly desirable.
- Prior project engineering or construction project management a plus.
- Expert testimony or deposition experience preferred but not required.
- Adaptable attitude and willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Well organized with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Honest and ethical business practice always.
- Able to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with Guardian’s guidelines.
- Meet all pre-employment standards and background check requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- CAD software: 1 year (Preferred)
- A valid SE license (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19