LeadershipOne is seeking a Senior Estimator for a family-owned masonry construction company located in the Modesto Metro region of California. The company provides masonry construction services in a wide range of markets throughout Northern California, with 75 employees including an estimating department of (3) estimators.
The company specializes in:
- Block site walls, retaining walls and sound walls including footings.
- Block buildings.
- Commercial and residence precast, veneer stone, brick, and thin brick.
- Custom fireplaces, firepits and outdoor barbeque islands.
Senior Estimator will generate and manage estimates required for sales, pre-construction, and bidding efforts. Provide estimates, budget control and studies for projects and potential projects during business development, pre-construction, and construction phases of a project and across all scopes, systems, and assemblies. Estimates vary from conceptual to full guarantee maximum price estimates to lump sum bids. Ability to complete full quantity take-offs to support accurate estimates for all disciplines in residential, commercial and multi-family projects. A complete understanding of the interrelationship of the cost of labor, material, equipment, and productivity in the unit costs used at each level of an estimate. Leads junior staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/department milestones and goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analyzing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Build estimates based on a practical understanding of design, constructability, logistics, sequencing and means and methods of a project.
- Collaborate with project manager to develop and maintain pre-construction and construction estimates.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Key collaborator for new and existing general contractor and developer relationships for estimating, bidding and project award. Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
- Ensures that project/department milestones and goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
Senior Estimator Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and ten years of experience in construction estimating or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience as an Estimator in the construction field.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with the following software programs; On Screen Take off, MS Excel, Word MS Project (Scheduling)
Senior Estimator Compensation:
$72,000 - $83,000
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $83,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Estimating: 10 years (Preferred)