To ensure BGM’s compliance with customer weld specifications and quality requirements. This will be accomplished through analysis of welds applied and direction given to improve weld as required.
1. Know and understand Bowling Green Metalforming Quality and Environmental policies. 2. Perform other duties as required. 3. Follows and supports and Magna’s operating principles, including: a. Magna Employee Charter – Operating under its principles by treating all team members equally, fairly and with dignity and respect. b. Abide by BGM policies and procedures as described in the most current version of the Team Member Handbook. c. Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication. d. 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”. e. Safety First - Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard. f. Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing. g. Core values – Treat all team members equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values. h. Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any other meetings as required. i. Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility. 4. Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities. 5. Communicate and make presentations related to welding in front of the customer 6. Assume full ownership for all welding related quality issues and drive to successful resolution and then ensure lessons learned are cascaded across all similar processes 7. Evaluate weld documentation and test results to ensure compliance with all customer specifications 8. Provide direction on continuous improvement efforts to improve the quality of welds 9. Provide direction on application of welds during process development to optimize line throughput while still maintaining customer weld specifications 10. Stay abreast of improvements in technology in an effort to keep BGM at the forefront of welding and implement improvements that will be beneficial to the division 11. Participate in welding best practices meetings with other divisions to share and learn latest weld strategies 12. Support quoting activities for new and existing business
Knowledge and Education
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED - Post-secondary Welding education preferred, or related experience - Minimum 1 year experience with CAD and CAD Viewer programs preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: - Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred - Operate standard office equipment preferred - Projection, resistance and GMAW welding experience preferred
- Experience dealing with OEMs preferred - Automotive experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Adaptability - Communication - Consistency - Deliverable - Accountable
- Office and General factory environment - Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.) - Possible Shift Work - Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and occasional bending and stooping.