IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
Up to 25%
American General Life Insurance Company
This is a senior level Software Engineer hands-on design, development and engineering position, working with message based integrations, front end development and back-end API creation and integration. This role will be accountable to design, develop and deliver business applications, API’s, platforms, portals and mobile applications.
- Analysis and Design of Application Interfaces & Integrations
- Analysis and Design of New Web and Mobile Applications & Refactoring existing code • Development of Specified Designs & Delivery of Integrated Unit Testing • Investigate, determine, and recommend technical solutions to align with business requirements.
- Maturing a DevOps methodology & continuous focus on improvement
- Maturing of Design and Development practices (TDD, CI/CD etc.)
- Technical project leadership, focus on practical & effective Design & Development
- Training and Mentoring with Teammates continually looking to grow and mature the team
- •Maturing the software engineering practice through creation and adoption of the latest best practices and standards
- Knowledge of various SDLC methodologies Agile, Iterative, Waterfall
- Analyze complex systems and programming problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify current and future business requirements and create current state/future state technical diagrams (data flows, integrations, etc.)
- Lead the creation and/or provide input into technical specifications documentation.
- Provide work effort estimates for development tasks.
- Provide work status updates to management and in line with published delivery schedules.
- Expected to function at a high programming level with responsibility and accountability for meeting plans and schedules which may require off-hours support.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree Degree in an engineering discipline preferably Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of progressive programming experience in leading web based development projects.
- 6+ years of analytical experience.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS Example Technical Skills
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Hands on working knowledge with Microsserves, Microsites and cloud native development experience
- Hands on experience with NodeJS, MVC.Net, .NetCore or Java – 5+ years
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis & Design experience – 5+ years
- Hands on working with Java Frameworks Spring, Spring Boot, or MVC.Net
- Experience or solid Knowledge of Mobile development for phones and tablets, Swift, Objective C, Java
- Knowledge of web services REST / SOAP (JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of Data modeling and or ETL/ELT / Talend – a plus • Knowledge of Big Data toolsets – Cassandra, Hadoop, Yarn MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop – a plus • Insurance knowledge – a plus
- Technical leadership to drive design and development tasks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Hands on troubleshooting/problem solving experience
- Expert knowledge of system development and implementation.
- Knowledge of the project life cycle and Experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of appropriate business operations; environments such as: Web; Mobile client/server or LAN; applicable languages, software, and one or more applicable database languages and testing tools; system development and implementation.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.